1. Keep an ideal weight and take regular moderate exercise in the open air.
2. Drink enough water to obtain a urinary volume of 2 L/d.
3. Restrict the intake of meat and poultry proteins to about 20 g/d.
4. Eat about 40 g of plant protein a day.
5. Eat fruits and vegetables every day, avoiding products rich in oxalate.
6. Eat milk and dairy products to achieve a calcium intake of about 1000 mg/d.
7. Follow the international guidelines on fat and carbohydrate consumption.
8. Use fresh and frozen food products, avoiding precooked and/or preserved foods.
9. Avoid do-it-yourself use of supplements and only take medicines and supplements under medical supervision.
10. Try to avoid stressful life events as far as possible.